Thursday, May 1, 2014

Some Missions Accomplished: Con Schedule

This year I've registered for artist alley at four conventions on the east coast and I haven't been turned down from one!  I'm rather excited and it gives me a little more hope that perhaps art really is the way to go.  I'm really glad that my first artist alley experience didn't deter me from trying again.  (that is a story for another time.)

First was Ichibancon in Concord NC.  That one was the first weekend of January.  It was a bit of a disappointment, I broke even and that was about it.  I have three more to make up for it though!

Here they are:

Animazement - Raleigh, NC - May 23-25
Otakon - Baltimore, MD - August 8-10
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Atlanta GA - September 26-28

I just heard back from Anime Weekend Atlanta the other night, which kinda spurred this blog entry.  I'm still on the fence there.  They said I've been accepted but wait-listed so that one is still to be announced.

I'm super excited about Animazement this year.  Last year I gave artist alley a second chance and it was amazing.  I had the best time, met a lot of awesome people, and of course I made quite a bit of money.  I had a wedding to pay for, I took a gamble on this and it really paid off.

Not exactly professional but it was my first real attempt... and look, I look so happy!
I don't even have a month left until Animazement this year, which means that I am already waayyy far into the planning phase.  One genius idea that I had last year that I will do again this year is that black table cloth.  I let people draw on it with metallic sharpie and it got quite decorated.  I only had to scribble out one thing - which, the artist next to me confessed to drawing while she was tipsy the night before.

This was the table cloth by the time we packed up to leave Sunday afternoon.

I was surprised at how well the table cloth worked to get attention.  People drew all over it, and while they doodled on it, their friends would hang out with the prints staring them right in the face.  In some instances, people would run off and get their friends, then drag them back to my table so that their friend could draw on it too.  Best.  Idea.  Ever.

I've already gotten the seating chart for Animazement this year and unfortunately I don't have prime real estate this time.


I'll be at table W30!  If any of happen to be there, by any chance, I'd totally like to hear from you!


I have my print line up for this year already picked out as well.  It features artwork all my own as well as collaborative works. (Profits are split for collaborations.) Also note that some of these are signed "Michele A" and others are signed "Michele Wilson."  I got married last October and my maiden name is "Wilson." This has confused some people recently, hopefully that clears it up.

Prints For Sale at Animazement:

"Last Stand at the Alamo" Pencils: Ace Continuado; Colors Michele Altenkirch

"Jade" Pencils: Nga Nguyen; Colors: Michele Altenkirch
"Messy Eater" by Michele Altenkirch
"Crystallize" Pencils: Nga Nguyen; Colors: Michele Altenkirch
  
"Royalty" Pencils: Nga Nguyen; Colors: Michele Altenkirch



"Until the End" Pencils: Ace Continuado; Colors: Michele Altenkirch
"Serenity" Pencils: Nga Nguyen; Colors: Michele Altenkirch
"Daryl Dixon" by Michele Altenkirch
"Angelic" Pencils: Nga Nguyen; Colors: Michele Altenkirch
"Demonic" Pencils: Nga Nguyen; Colors: Michele Altenkirch
"Daenerys" by Michele Altenkirch
"Princess Mononoke" Pencils: Nga Nguyen; Colors: Michele Altenkirch






"Okami" by Michele Altenkirch
"Ignite" Pencils Nga Nguyen; Colors: Michele Altenkirch
"Deep Sea Sorcery" by Michele Altenkirch


No comments:

Post a Comment