Thursday, May 15, 2014

It's Official: My job is Moving

Yep, I don't know if any of you people are gun guys or follow any of the gun blogs.  If you do then you'd know that a certain holding company owns quite a number of firearm manufacturers.  You also know that this large holding company recently acquired a large facility in Huntsville, Alabama.  If you're really up to date you'll also know that they gave the axe to at least one company and are relocating a number of others to this new location.

Unfortunately one of those companies is the one that I work for.

As I said before in my introduction, we expected it.  We all saw it coming a mile away.  The writing was on the wall and has been for months, but today they finally confirmed it.

It has been one hell of a rough week around that place, this much I can tell you for certain.  Friday the building catches on fire, Tuesday some asshole sent his gun back for service and left it loaded. (Which could have ended badly.  Also mailing a gun with ammo in the same box, much less loaded, is illegal in the first place.)  Today I even got to work amid tornado warnings... keep in mind the building caught fire just a few days earlier.  Go figure the one place that had to burn was also our escape plan in case of a tornado.  So I stressed through the duration of the warning.   Then, after all of that, we get this news.

They've given us about a year's notice.  Supposedly.  They told us August 2015, which is a lot longer than what I had initially figured it would be.  Still, I'm taking that statement lightly.

It's a shame, I really used to enjoy working there.  A lot happened during the time I worked there.  I got this computer, I got my first apartment, bought my first firearm (Which my husband and I both made) I went to my first artist alley, I got married even.  I learned a lot while I was there, I got to know pretty much everyone I worked with and disliked very few of them.

My first firearm.  I did the coating and some machine work, my husband put it together.  A labor of love this one was.

The past few months have been pretty awful, but overall the experience has been quite positive.  It's a shame it has to end with a corporate buyout and a move, but that's just how it is.  Good or bad, nothing lasts forever.  At least they gave us a time frame I guess.

This doesn't change anything about my convention schedule.  I will still be attending any and every convention I can get into since my artwork has moved much more front and center.  Only one week left until Animazement.  Even with everything going on right now I'm still really excited for it and I'll be happy once I get there. 

I do have one more thing to add...

I'm debating on printing this to sell.  Not sure if too many people would get the joke.  If you do, drop me a line so I know! 
Should I print this?  Yay or nay?

In other news I have also added Instagram to my social media usage.  It's a brand spanking new account so there's not much going on yet.  If you'd like, give me a follow!  Click HERE for Instagram profile

Hopefully my next entry will be a happier one.

Spark, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment