Friday, June 13, 2014

Research! Slasher Movie Binge

What an appropriate day for a picture full of slasher villains!  I am still working on this Punisher piece for a comic convention.  I plan to have it done sometime this weekend because it really needs to be finished!  Ugh, me and deadlines don't mix.  I really need to get a handle on my procrastination.  I could have this piece done in just a matter of hours if I could only get up the inspiration to do it.  I've even gone on a slasher film kick just to get a good idea of what I'm supposed to do with the rest of the picture!

I think I'm looking perhaps a little too colorful for something that's supposed to be ... gritty.  They actually chose me to do this picture because of the whole grit factor.  I don't know what I'm doin' here!  I do know who ALL of the characters are now and hopefully that will help me along so I can his my goal of finishing it tomorrow. 

Livestreaming, as odd as this sounds, seems to keep me focused on artwork better than anything so I may stream the rest of this work tomorrow.  I guess I feel like I have to be doing something interesting for viewers to want to watch.  This way I'm obligated to keep working and I don't get as easily distracted by--

Ohh shiny internet...

Anyway, going on a slasher film binge also may have inspired something.  I just might have a short story on my hands.  I never do short stories, this stuff is pretty freakin' rare.  I know how I want it to start and I know how I want it to end and I can't tell you much about it.  If I gave you a summary I'd have to kill you.  There is almost no way I could give some kind of summary that wouldn't spoil it in some way.  And yes... it's kind of a slasher.  Can't wait to get it on paper it'll be awesome.

I'm certainly not going to have my heroine (if there is one) keep thinking that she's killed the psycho and then keep dropping the knife right next to his pseudo dead body!!  *cough* Halloween *cough* I've also come to the conclusion, after multiple slasher films, that some slasher film antagonists are scared of sex and that's why they feel the need to kill every character that gets some.  Even if that's totally not true, I did find that to be an odd correlation there.  In any case, I plan to write and whatever comes out, is what comes out.  It might go into the direction of a thriller more than a slasher, who knows.

In other news:

So we all know about how I went on a very large rant yesterday.  One point of my rant was my crappy apartment and how much is broken and wrong with it.  I appreciate that the maintenance staff really did try to fix the old unit, the problem was that it was just too small and the complex itself didn't want to shovel out the money to fix the problem.  Our AC never turned off because it never reached the temperature it was set on so our power bills were insane.  All just to keep the temperature below eighty degrees.

The AC at work is broken too and the last thing I wanted to do is come home to a hot, musty apartment.  I finally had enough and I sent them an ultimatum last night.  I must be a more intimidating person than I thought.  Today I came home to a nice, shiny new air conditioning unit.

 Victory is MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment